Tuesday, November 5, 2013

New paper!

I always say this but i'm horrible at blogs, i don't even know why I bother sometimes, I can't ever seem to be consistent and update frequently. Anyway, it's been a busy few months, left and old job and get a new job at a new paper in a new city, new state.

I said goodbye to Queensland at the end of September and started my new life in New South Wales, it's very different, that's for sure. So the new paper is nice, different, more professional but i'm still learning the ropes and trying to feel my way around. Unfortunately I don't shoot as much as I'd like to, it's just the way it is around here. The standard is definitely higher and i've learnt more in 6 weeks than I did in the two years I was in Gladstone.

I took this job looking for a new challenge and looking to improve my skills and learn more about the industry, i've certainly done that since moving to Wollongong. The Illawarra Mercury is a good paper with high standards in their photographic department. I'm the first NEW full time photographer in 20 years.. I know right! The photographers here have been here for years, 20+ years would be the average i'd say, and I don't blame them, good location, why would you ever want to leave?! 

Enough talk, here are a few photo's i've done in the past 6 weeks. Like I said, I don't take as many photos as I used to - or would like to to be completely honest - but it's a start. Coming from Nikon and being forced to shoot Canon was a bit tricky to start with but i'm slowly getting the hang of it..











So that's pretty much all i've done in 7 weeks.. Like I said, i don't shoot as much as I'd like to, but at a bigger paper like the Mercury there are days when you don't shoot as much as you'd really like - just the way i is. The standard here is ridiculously high and the photographers I work with are all phenomenally talented. I have a long way to go.. that's for sure.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment