Monday, March 11, 2013

Twenty-eight


Industrial Landscape #2. Sony NEX 5n, SEL1628, 30s, 200iso @f4

Keeping with the industrial landscape theme, I ventured down to the wharf and tried to find some interesting geometrical shapes and colours to contrast against the clear skies over Gladstone. I was immediately drawn to the colours of the shipping containers and how precisely they were stacked on top of each other.

My idea of industrial landscapes is to try and capture the juxtaposition of industry and natural landscape. I'm choosing to photograph these images at night as I feel that the black night sky compliments well with the sometimes highly colourful industrial objects and machinery. By shooting at night I can somewhat maintain a bit of continuity in the series by having the sky a similar shade all the time.

We'll see how we go..

No comments:

Post a Comment